Department of Defence, Australian Signals DirectorateThe Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is an intelligence agency in the Australian Government Department of Defence. Our mission, 'Reveal their secrets - Protect our own', accurately summarises our two roles. One is collecting foreign intelligence by interception. The other is information and cyber security – stopping others from doing the same to us. ASD operates in incredibly challenging and dynamic technical and operational environments. As such it requires a rare mix of staff with skills, adaptability and imagination. These abilities are needed to out-think and out-imagine some of the most testing adversaries and problems imaginable. If you want to work with other smart, skilled people, consider ASD for your career. If you consider yourself one of the best, then we are interested in you.
Do you like a challenge? Are you customer focused? Is your interest in AV more than just a job? Do you enjoy working in a team environment where your role makes a difference?
The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is seeking enthusiastic and proactive people to become members of our Audio Visual Support Team. We provide support to ASD, the Defence Intelligence Organisation (DIO) and the Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation (AGO) as well as providing support and services to the Australian Intelligence Community (AIC) and our international partners.
The systems we design, build and support include:
• Video Tele-Conferencing systems
• Projection systems and video walls
• Fibre-optic audio video distribution systems
• Automation systems
• MATV systems
• IPTV and digital signage.
A background in IT, electronics, engineering or relevant technical skills would be an advantage. Practical skills, qualifications or experience such as the following, would also be an advantage, but are not essential:
• Degree, Diploma, Associate Diploma or Certificate in Electronics, ICT or Engineering
• Audio visual system troubleshooting, maintenance and installation
• Programming/configuration of AMX, Crestron or Extron automation systems
• Touch panel user interface design
• ICT support (networks and desktop)
• Audio visual system design using CAD (AutoCAD, Visio etc.)
• Live event audio visual set-up and support.
There are multiple positions available for Audio Visual Hardware Technicians. Successful candidates may be offered a position at the APS 4, APS 5 or APS 6 level, depending on the skills and experience they demonstrate during the assessment process.
For further information please don’t hesitate to call the contact officer on 02 6265 0970.
Applications are to be submitted via the Defence Careers Website link above.